- Search the Milligan Library Catalog for books or media (e.g., DVD, CD). Print reference, periodicals, theses, and archival items cannot be checked out.
- Fill out and submit the form below. All information must be supplied to assure accurate and timely processing of requests. A separate form should be filled out for each item requested. A maximum of twenty (20) items can be requested for check out at a time.
- Items will be shipped via USPS Media Mail to student’s address at no charge. Students should allow 7-10 days, depending upon location, for items to arrive. Students are responsible for the cost of returning items to the Library. Students should save the enclosed return shipping label and consider saving the original mailing envelope/box for returns. To avoid replacement charges, students should immediately report any items that arrive in damaged condition to the User Services Librarian at email@example.com or 423.461.8703.
- Books and media are checked out for six (6) weeks from date items are requested, with option for one four (4) week renewal. Renewal requests should be sent to the User Services Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423.461.8703.
- Books and media must be returned to the Library before the due date at the student’s expense. Items should be carefully and securely packaged with return shipping label affixed. Items can be returned economically using USPS Media Mail service.
- Students will be assessed a replacement charge for all non-returned, lost, or damaged items checked out from the Lending Collection. The replacement charge is the Library’s current cost of replacing the item plus a $20 per item processing fee.
- For more information regarding this service please also read the Library’s complete policy for lending to distance or online education students by downloading this document.